By-LawsI firmly believe in the rule of law as the foundation for all of our basic rights. ~Sonia Sotomayor
by Dee Myers
Here are the current standing rules:
Austin Fiber Artists – Current version of Standing Rules
1. Finances Adopted 11-4-09
· A budget prepared by the Treasurer and officers shall be presented for approval at the June meeting.
· Any unbudgeted expenditures over $100.00 shall be approved by the Board of Directors. Any unbudgeted expenditure over $500 shall be approved by vote from the membership.
2. Workshops/Retreats Adopted 11-4-09
· Must be self-sustaining.
· Payments for the workshop/retreat will be due at a schedule determined by the workshop coordinator, normally 30 days in advance of the event.
· Deposits are non-refundable after the payment deadline unless there is a waiting list and then the deposit can be transferred to the next person in line. It is the responsibility of the participant to arrange for the transfer.
· For each workshop, there may be one reserved space available at no cost to the member acting as host for a workshop leader who requires overnight lodging.
· Workshops shall be open to members of the Federation of Fiber Artists first and then open to non-members on a space available basis. Non-members will be charged an additional fee up to 10% of the workshop’s cost.
3. Nominating Process: Adopted 11.4.11
· In November, the President appoints two board members to serve on the Nominating Committee.
· The President requests a non-board member, who is introduced at the November Membership Meeting, to solicit recommendations/requests of members (non-board members) who are willing to serve on the Nominating Committee. In January, the membership selects and votes on the three members who are then appointed to the membership committee.
· Nominations will be presented to the membership at the February Membership Meeting (preferably) or no later than the March Membership Meeting.
· Elections will be held at the March Membership Meeting, if nominations were presented in February. If nominations were presented at the March Membership Meeting elections will be held in April.